Textbook Adoption Information for Faculty
Spring 2019 Book Adoption
Please submit your book adoptions for spring 2019 courses to Huskie Books and Gear as soon as possible. Submitting adoptions on time ensures that your students have the most affordable options available for the first day of class.
When adoptions are known before our end-of-term buyback event, we can pay your students top dollar for the materials they sell back and keep the books circulating locally.
Completing your book adoptions by the deadline allows Huskie Books and Gear to source used and rental inventory and research your requested materials to determine whether they can be added to our national network list of rental titles, potentially lowering prices even more.
The process for submitting your course material adoption is now exclusively online:
- Go to the efollett web portal for book adoptions at go.niu.edu/efollett
- Click on "New? Register here"
- Enter 2089 in the first form field (Bookstore Supplied Password) and complete the rest of the form with your contact information to create your efollett account for book adoptions.
- Follow the prompts to order your course materials. Note: Make sure you select (spring 2019) for the term on the order page.
Submit spring term textbook adoptions to Huskie Books and Gear as soon as possible.
Have questions or need help? Contact Nathan Wunsh, Store Manager at 815-753-1081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Keep Textbooks Affordable for Your Students
- Order textbooks earlier.
- Post journal articles and book chapters on Blackboard.
- Adopt texts for multiple semesters; consider earlier editions.
- Direct students to subject area librarians for help.
- Utilize course reserves.
- Consider free e-books and open access materials.
- Explore Cengage Unlimited for course materials.
- Include textbook affordability information for students in your syllabus.
- See the library’s textbook affordability guide for more information.