- Holmes Student Center
- Huskie Books and Gear
Course Material Adoption Information for NIU Faculty
As you may know, NIU has selected Follett Higher Education Group to manage our campus bookstore operation. Follett was chosen as the campus retail partner with the best resources, technology and product selection to meet the unique needs of our NIU community. With this new partnership, you can expect the following from our campus store.
Passion for Service
Follett is committed to delivering a hassle-free shopping experience with a clean and bright store environment, efficient check-out and knowledgeable team members who are prepared to help you navigate our store’s wide product selection.
Follett feels strongly that providing faculty and students with options enhances education. At a time when the cost of higher education is on everyone’s mind, your students will have access to:
- New, used, print and digital options: our campus store will serve as a local resource to help you and your students evaluate the growing number of course material choices.
- Text rental: Follett’s rental program saves students up to 80 percent compared to purchasing new. Students will also enjoy risk-free rental policies that allow highlighting, taking notes and easily converting a rental to a purchase should they decide to keep it.
- Price match: Follett ensures students get materials at the lowest cost possible by price matching against eligible competitors. The difference in price is provided on a store gift card that can then be used toward other course material or supply purchases.
Follett helps faculty teach and students learn through easy access to products and services that add value to the educational experience, such as:
- Course material adoption resources: Follett brings an advanced online adoption tool that supports faculty exploration and streamlines adoption submission. Of course, faculty and staff are also welcome to visit our campus store with adoption information, or contact the store manager directly via phone at 815-753-1081 or email@example.com. Don’t forget... timely adoption submissions can save students up to 80 percent on their course materials!
- Digital learning technologies: Follett believes that no single format, device or publisher can meet the varied needs of students and faculty. Therefore, our campus store will provide a host of device-agnostic learning technologies—including Follett’s BryteWave digital textbook reader.
- Online shopping: As part of the transition, our online campus store will join the eFollett network. eFollett.com connects all Follett campus stores, Follett’s distribution center and a range of vendors to streamline community access to needed materials on any device.
If you have any questions regarding the transition, please feel free to stop in or call Nathan Wunsh, store manager, at 815-753-1081. We look forward to providing a campus store that truly enhances the campus experience for our faculty, staff and the broader NIU community!